Saturday, August 29, 2009

Doh!!!!

I went to board the ferry last night and it was broken. So I'm stuck here for a few days at least. Then my connection to Port Hardy will be delayed. So I may be out travelling for another week or so against my will. But at least the ferry company is suppose to reimburse me for hotel expenditures so I will at least be warm and dry. Actually the weather is quite nice today and is suppose to hold for a while. Isn't that always the way it is.

If I had my laptop I could upload pictures and edit and post some video. But all I have is email access through the hotel, so I'm afraid the cool stuff will have to wait even longer. But here are a few details on the circumnavigation:

15 days out; 12 paddling (1 half day actually since I started at 2pm after my orientation to the park); 3 days on shore due to weather; 1.5 days to get out to the west coast; 5 days to get down the west coast (4 paddling, 1 sitting); 8 days to come up the east; two haida villages visited (didn't make it to the hot springs); average paddling day 25 miles; max day about 40 miles; zero days without some moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment