Friday, August 28, 2009

Completion!

I have successfully circumnavigated Moresby Island and I'm now at the visitor center in Queen Charlotte City killing time before my 11pm ferry ride off the island. The trip went well - rather wet but the winds were in the right direction most of the time. I took three days off due to winds so had twelve days to paddle. Lots of long days but everything went rather smoothly. I feel an incredible sense of satisfaction at the moment.

I'm now looking forward to resting on the ferry and then driving back to California to head to Mendocino next weekend with the Sacramento Sea Kayakers. I hope to get home by Tuesday but then I'm heading out on Wednesday so it may be some time before I get the pictures up and details sorted out, but I will do it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'll look forward to the full account. Have a safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete