Sunday, July 26, 2009

San Juans

On Thursday I paddled through the Tacoma Narrows at max flood around 5 knots, on Friday I hit Deception Pass (video below) topping out around 7 knots, and today I rounded Cypress Island, riding a 3 knot current on the backside. It's nice letting the water do the work for you - something we don't get that much of down in California. Pictures here.

It has also bee great to see and paddle with old and new friends and get to paddle. In Tacoma I met up with my old friend Gary who ran the UCLA kayak program which is where I learned to paddle. When he moved away several years ago he left the job to me - a significant step in my paddling career.

I'm afraid that the video from Deception Pass is low quality since I don't have access to high speed uploads at the moment...

1 comment: